0

Suphan Buri, Part 1

Posted by Teresa Ulrich on 4:54 AM
Day 1 of the English camp in Suphan Buri:

I arrived at camp shortly after it started. The students were working at different stations, which covered different aspects of the English language, such as vocabulary, actions, and asking others to do something. At one station, the teacher said, “In English, you say Autumn, and in American you say Fall.” Interesting distinction I’ve never thought about before. It makes sense, though, considering that Thailand belonged to the British for a while.

After dinner, we moved to activities that included line dancing (great for learning right, left, and directions), fashion, and Karaoke. What a blast! I sat at the fashion station for the first rotation, but then I moved the Karaoke station when I started hearing music. Couldn’t resist. Eventually I started being goofy and let loose. The students and I had a great time singing “You Are Not Alone” (Michael Jackson) and “When You Say Nothing At All” together.

That evening I judged the fashion show and Karaoke competition. What a BLAST!! Video to come soon…

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Adventures Abroad: Teresa Travels All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.