0

Thammasat Concert

Posted by Teresa Ulrich on 1:57 AM
So, finally, my thoughts on the Thammasat Concert.

I have videos down below about it, so you can view them down there. One of them is dress rehearsal and one is the actual encore at the end of the concert.

All I have to say is that I had so much fun when I was on the podium conducting. I can watch the videos now and pick up little things that I need to work on, and sure, that's understandable because I am a young conductor. Those little things will irritate the snot out of me. But, I remember the feeling while I was conducting... it was... fun. Exhilarating. A rush. A high. It felt right.

And two+ years ago in conducting class, you couldn't have told me that I would have fun conducting. In fact, I cried IN CLASS once. It was awful. Conducting doesn't come naturally to me. I have to practice. I don't like that. I get frustrated.

But during the concert, I couldn't think of anything else I'd rather be doing.

I am so thankful for Dr. Buchanan and his mentor-ship of me. I will always be thankful for it. I don't think I could ever express my gratitude to him for allowing Erich (Kendall) and myself to take conducting lessons--even though he was getting no load credit for it, and even though he was extremely busy that semester with traveling and planning conventions and such. He felt we were worth the investment. And that's what makes him a great teacher.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Adventures Abroad: Teresa Travels All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.