0

Update

Posted by Teresa Ulrich on 7:58 AM
This week has been quite eventful so far.

A group of professors from ISU and a few other Hoosiers are here at SSRU for a conference. I get to tag along with them for events and meals and such. On Monday evening, I went on a dinner cruise. Had a great time catching up with Dr. Kilp (our horn professor).

On Monday I also gave the final exam for my English for Music course. I just played five different pieces for them to listen and analyze.

On Tuesday morning I taught the last chorus class. Most of those students will stay over to sing in the holiday choir, which excites me a lot. They already know most of two pieces for the concert, and I want to pick out at least one more.

For lunch I went out with Kajohn, Pranote, Prasan, and another professor to Kalaong (the restaurant I went the first week I was here). We were there for quite some time, at least two hours. The food was great, as usual... will have a video of that sometime...

I was tired, so I took a nap in the afternoon after I got back, and then ate dinner at the hotel with the group from ISU.

Today (Wednesday) I went to Samut Songkhorn (I will check on that spelling)--a province to the south of Thailand--with Kajohn, Pranote, and Prasan. We visited one of their colleagues in the hospital, and then ate at this great little restaurant right on the river. FABULOUS sea food... I'll probably have a video of that too, maybe combining both days.

After I got back, I went with the ISU group to eat dinner and watch a puppet show at the Joe Louis Theater. I was very impressed with the show. Their moves are so coordinated and intricate, and the puppets are beautiful. Sorry, no photos or anything--photography wasn't allowed.

I also did some shopping and bought some dresses. Good times. :)

Tomorrow it looks like a trip to Auttaya. Will write about that later.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Adventures Abroad: Teresa Travels All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.